By following the "Policies and Guidelines" listed below, you help to ensure that Surgical Teaching’s forums remain an enjoyable environment for everyone. Violating these rules may result in your removal from the forums as well as other Surgical Teaching services.
- Use “search” first. There is a pretty good chance that unless you have some really odd or unique problem that it has been addressed on our forum before, please use the forum’s search feature first to see if there are already some good threads on the subject. It’s easy to search – just click the “Search” button at the top right of the page.
- No spam. All automated messages, advertisements, and links to competitor websites will be deleted immediately. Users who repeatedly post spam will be deleted from the forum.
- Post in relevant sub-forums only. Messages posted in the wrong topic area will be removed and placed in the correct sub-forum by moderators.
- Respect other users. No flaming or abusing fellow forum members. Users who continue to post inflammatory, abusive comments will be deleted from the forum after two warnings are issued by moderators.
- Harassment. No threats or harassment of other users will be tolerated. Any instance of threatening or harassing behaviour is grounds for deletion from the forums.
- Do not post private information. Please respect the privacy of others. Do not give out or re-post anyone’s personal information such as names, phone numbers, addresses, email addresses, etc. This applies to your own information and that of other users, Surgical Teaching employees, family members, etc.
- Hijacking of discussions. Try to keep all replies to a thread on the topic at hand. Posting's which are intentionally off-topic or try to sway the discussion completely or partially off topic is generally considered rude.
- Impersonating other users. You are prohibited from impersonating any other users in the forum.
- Adult content. No profanity or pornography is allowed. Posts containing adult material will be deleted.
- Illegal content. No reposting of copyrighted materials or other illegal content is allowed. Any posts containing illegal content or copyrighted materials will be deleted.
Report users that break the rules. If you are aware of users of the forum that actively break the rules, then please report them using the following email firstname.lastname@example.org